If you’re aged 14 to 25 and interested in volunteering then YOU are in the right place!
What is a volunteer?
A volunteer is somebody who gives his or her time and skills for free. It can mean anything from volunteering one day a week in a charity shop to spending a year helping children in disadvantaged areas of the world. It’s not the same as work experience, which is where you are employed (and not paid) for a certain amount of time in order to gain experience in the workplace. Instead, volunteers work for organisations that have worthy causes such as helping the environment or those with greater needs than others.
Volunteering is more than just helping others: It’s about helping yourself too!
5 great reasons to volunteer
- It’s good for your health: it helps to decrease stress levels, gives you a sense of purpose, and gives you a positive feeling!
- It’s a career booster: volunteering provides a range of new skills, increases your confidence, and creates a positive impression.
- It’s real work experience; it gives you a taste of what it’s like to work!
- Make an impact: at home or abroad, volunteering gives you the chance to play an active part in improving your own community and the world!
- It’s fun! Make new friends and enjoy new experiences.
I want to volunteer, what’s next?
Please get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or via our contact form. You can also phone us on 01978 312556, or call in to make an appointment.