Minority Ethnic community groups play an important role in shaping the society within our local area. The project aims to engage and support key minority groups within the Wrexham area, by:
• Recruiting and supporting volunteers from minority ethnic backgrounds
• Engaging minority ethnic community groups such as students, graduates, and professionals
• Supporting minority ethnic groups to reflect on their strengths, and
• Identify areas for development
Groups will be able to access the full range of services from AVOW including:
• Networking forums,
• Funding advice,
• Volunteering support, and
• contribute to local and national consultations.
This is a platform where organisations, groups, and individuals will be encouraged to express their own identity and culture in their own unique way and as a benefit to the community of Wrexham.
We’d like to hear from:
• Minority ethnic community groups
• Potential volunteers who would like to support a BAME group
• Potential volunteers from a minority ethnic background
• Specialist organisations who would like to support minority ethnic groups.
Anna Syzmanska is the BAME Community Officer for AVOW. She studied Public Health and Well-being at Glyndwr University before joining AVOW on our recent BME Skills Project Officer in 2020. Anna is passionate about supporting groups across Wrexham County Borough to reach their full potential.
Please get in contact with me at email@example.com
About the BME Skills Project
Although a separate project, the BME Community Support Project continues AVOW’s work with local organisations initiated through the BME Skills Project. This project supported local groups in key areas such as training, funding, volunteering, and building their network.
Funding for the continuation of this project has come from Moondance Funders COVID-19 Relief Fund. More information can be found at the Moondance Foundation website.