Sport Wales Development Grant
Are you looking to establish a new team, develop new training facilities or purchase much needed equipment to take your project to the next level?
If so, a grant of £1,501 to £25,000 is available to cover all of the above projects as well as:
- Coach education
- Floodlighting for training purposes
- Purchase of land, or rights in land, to develop activity areas
- Start-up grants to support new enterprises
Who can apply?
This grant is available to any group as long as they hold an account (be it a Bank, Building Society or Credit Union account) in the organisation’s name.
Who cannot apply?
Sorry but if you are a member of the public, a primary school or an associated body arranging activities for children, or secondary schools who are part of the 5×60 scheme, you are ineligible for a Development Grant.
In addition the following activities cannot be funded:
- Physical activities such as gardening, DIY, environmental improvements, performance dance or circus skills
- Existing activities / projects that have already started
- Projects that are considered to be part of an organisation’s normal day-to-day running costs
- Projects based outside Wales
Or the following project elements:
- Maintenance, repair or replacement of current equipment or facilities (however consideration will be given to replace equipment that no longer complies with current legislation)
- Purchase of personal items of equipment
- Catering and hospitality
- Medals, certificates or trophies
- Domestic or foreign tours
- One-off events with no links to ongoing activities