Service and Advice
We provide advice, support and signpost to individuals, groups and organisations.
We work closely with:
- Reach for Work (www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk) This project provides practical support for anyone from the Plas Madoc area aged 16-65 (and above) who is wanting to improve their chances of employment. 2 members of staff are based in the Opportunities Centre 5 days a week and currently they are working with many people on caseload. Since the start of the project in 2010 over 80 people have found work as a result of Reach for Work
- Shelter Cymru (www.sheltercymru.gov.uk). Shelter Cymru holds weekly surgeries at The Opportunities Centre to support those people with housing and debt issues.
- Womens’ Aid (www.womensaid.org.uk). The WISH project is delivered weekly in Plas Madoc assisting people affected by Domestic Abuse.
- Credit Union (www.creditunion.co.uk). The Credit Union and its services is available to local people through AVOW Plas Madoc Department.
- Open University (www.open.ac.uk). Open University is a key partner contributing to education and training opportunities for local people. Accessible, community based courses are delivered from the Opportunities Centre as well as support for distance learners. AVOW Plas Madoc Department also works with Yale College and Glyndwr University through the Reaching Wider Initiative to promote community-based learning.