Youth Led Grants 2018/19
Are you a young person aged 14-25? Do you have an idea or project that would benefit your local community? Then the Youth Led Grants Scheme is for you!
The Youth Led Grants Scheme is aimed at young people aged 14-25, who have an idea or project that will benefit their local community. This could be a one-off project such as a group of young people organising a Christmas knees-up for local elderly people to an individual organising a clean-up day in their local community.
Why not come up with your own idea and apply for some money? Grants of £500 or £1000 are available for individuals or groups to fund their projects.
Where possible, the projects should be in line with the five priority areas identified by the Welsh Government which have the potential to make the greatest contribution to long-term prosperity and well-being. These are early years, better mental health, housing, skills and employability, and social care. They are areas where it has been shown that earlier intervention and more seamless services can make a real difference to people’s lives. The Welsh Government wants to ensure that support and investment in volunteering is making a positive contribution to action in these priority areas.
- Early Years (0-7 year olds) – activity which supports children to lead healthy, prosperous and fulfilling lives.
- Housing – activity which improves living conditions and tackles homelessness
- Social Care – activity which helps build strong communities and for people to live independent lives for longer.
- Mental Health – activity which improves awareness of mental health conditions or improves the help that people with mental health conditions get.
- Skills and Employability – activity which improves skills and readiness for education or employment.
The priorities have been identified from the Welsh Government’s National Strategy, Prosperity for All
Please find attached the application form and guidance notes – closing date for this round is Monday 17th December 2018. If you have any questions please get in touch with by emailing email@example.com.
Application Form: youth-led-grant-application-form-2018-19
Guidance Notes: youth-led-grants-guidence-notes-18-19