Youth Led Grants 18/19 – EXTRA FUNDING AVAILABLE!
WCVA have awarded us with extra monies for the Youth Led Grant Scheme.
The Youth Led Grants scheme aims to prioritise delivery of volunteering opportunities which make a positive contribution to the priorities of the Welsh Government.
The Welsh Government has identified five priority areas which have the potential to make the greatest contribution to long-term prosperity and well-being. These are early years, better mental health, housing, skills and employability, and social care. They are areas where it has been shown that earlier intervention and more seamless services can make a real difference to people’s lives.
- Early Years (0-7 year olds) – activity which supports children to lead healthy, prosperous and fulfilling lives.
- Housing – activity which improves living conditions and tackles homelessness
- Social Care – activity which helps build strong communities and for people to live independent lives for longer.
- Mental Health – activity which improves awareness of mental health conditions or improves the help that people with mental health conditions get.
- Skills and Employability – activity which improves skills and readiness for education or employment.
The purpose of this funding is to enable young people to develop, run and evaluate local youth volunteering projects for those aged 14 – 25. Grants of £500 or £1000 are available. All money must be spent and accounted for by 31st March 2019. If you work with young people who have an idea which incorporates one of the five priority areas and involves volunteering in Wrexham then please get in touch with our Youth Volunteering Development Officer: Tegan.firstname.lastname@example.org.