Wales Volunteer of the Year Awards 2017 – Nominate now!
Over a million people in Wales help their communities and each other in all sorts of remarkable ways. And since 2004 the Wales Volunteer of the Year Awards has been shining the spotlight on these incredible people.
Winners of the Wales Volunteer of the Year Awards 2016 at the awards ceremony in Cardiff Castle.
Do you know of an inspirational individual or group that has made a real difference to their area or to the lives of others? If so, why not nominate them for a Wales Volunteer of the Year Award? It’s your chance to get these remarkable people the recognition they deserve.
There are six categories for nominations:
– adult (25 years and over)
– young volunteer (under 25 years)
– ‘green’ volunteer (individual of any age who volunteers with an environmental organisation or project)
– groups (two or more individuals, whether as an informal group or a formally constituted organisation)
– ‘Digital’ volunteer (an individual who has helped tackle digital exclusion and helped others to experience the benefits of using ICT) supported by Digital Communities Wales – NEW CATEGORY!
What you need to do
- Read the rules of the scheme (below) and get the permission of the individual or group you want to nominate
- Complete a nomination form* (NB the judges will base their decision on your answers. Only information supplied on the nomination form will be considered)
- Return it by 21 April 2017 to:Wales Volunteer of the Year Awards
Mount Stuart Square
*PLEASE NOTE, the form cannot be completed in your web browser. If you are completing the form on your computer or device, you’ll need to download (or save) a copy of it before filling it in to avoid having to re-type any information. Open the downloaded form to begin filling it in, you can save as you go along. Once you’ve completed the form please save it a final time before submitting it. If you have any queries please contact the WCVA Helpdesk on 0800 2888 329.
- The judging panel will select a winner and two runners up in each category
- Winners and runners up will be invited to attend an award ceremony to be held in June
Rules of the scheme
- Nominations must be received by 21 April 2017 at WCVA, Baltic House, Mount Stuart Square, Cardiff Bay CF10 5FH, or firstname.lastname@example.org, using an official nomination form.
- Individuals cannot be nominated by a partner or family member, or nominate themselves. Please note: Groups cannot be nominated by an employee, volunteer or trustee of the organisation.
- You may only nominate one nominee or group from each category.
- The nominees must either live in Wales or undertake their volunteering work in Wales. The groups nominated must be based in Wales. We also welcome nominations for individuals and groups who volunteer abroad for an organisation based in Wales.
- Permission must be sought from the person or group nominated.
- Personal details provided on the nomination form may be passed on to partner organisations and to the media for publicity purposes. If you are not willing for any information to be shared in this way or if you do not wish media organisations to contact the nominee or nominator, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Previous winners of major Wales/UK awards are not eligible for nomination including the Wales Volunteer of the Year Award.
- The judges’ decision on entries is final. The judges reserve the right not to make an award in any particular category if they feel that nominations are not suitable.
- The nature of the certificates and awards presented is the decision of WCVA. No alternative prizes will be considered.