‘Wales for Africa’ Programme
The Welsh Government is inviting applications from third sector organisations to deliver key projects over a three year period starting from April 2018. For the period 2018-21, the Welsh Government is allocating £349,000 per year to fund this grant programme.
Please note, this year, only one grant will be awarded.
Third, community or public sector organisations working individually or ‘preferably together’ in collaboration can apply. However, an amount, up to the entire budget, will be awarded to the successful bidder.
The funding is only for revenue costs, which are the costs incurred in the day-to-day running of the organisation and its projects.
The funding is for a programme of work based on the following principles:
- Building effective links between Wales and developing countries in Sub-Saharan Africa by facilitating the transfer and exchange of knowledge and skills.
- Ensuring that any actions undertaken are mutually beneficial to both Wales and the country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Ensuring that sustainable development is at the core of all work undertaken, complementing UK government international sustainable development policy and the work of the major agencies.
- Reflecting the concerns and connections of the people and communities of Wales in international development.
- Delivering the Sustainable Development Goals.
Application packs are available on request from the Welsh Government via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for electronic applications is 6 November 2017.