Wales for Africa Grant Scheme
WCVA is delighted to announce a new £230,000 grant fund for small-scale Wales-Africa projects . It is anticipated that a wide range of organisations will apply to the fund for a diverse range of activities including:
- Building capacity of small Welsh international development NGOs
- Promoting international development volunteering
- Promoting best practice in fair trade and ethical procurement across all sectors
- Facilitating the work of diaspora communities in Wales to maximise their impact on SDG delivery in their home country.
Funding will be allocated under 4 thematic areas:
- Health – projects that contribute to the physical and mental health and wellbeing of communities in sub Saharan Africa
- Sustainable Livelihoods – projects that work to tackle financial poverty, enabling economic resilience in families and supporting small-scale enterprise and employment
- Lifelong Learning – projects that support individuals and groups in Wales and/or Africa to develop new skills and knowledge
- Climate Change and Environment – strategic and practical climate change mitigation and adaptation initiatives using Welsh expertise
On 4 May 2018, a funding round for medium grants of between £5,000 and £15,000 will be opening for projects that meet scheme criteria. This will be followed by a small grants round in the Summer, for projects between £500 and £4,999. Up to £230,000 is available per year, with an annual minimum of £50,000 dedicated to health activities.
More information is available from the WCVA website here.
If you would like to receive an email that lets you know when the fund is open, please email: email@example.com. We will keep your email address for this purpose only and it will then be deleted.