Trees for Schools Fund Reaching for Greener Future
The Tree Council’s Trees for School Fund stands alongside its Community Trees Fund to support the costs of planting trees of appropriate species, size and numbers across the UK during or shortly after National Trees Week 2018 (24 November to 2 December).
Grants of up to £700 are available for schools that meet the following criteria:
- Schools must be local authority run or registered as a ‘not for profit’ organisation (including a community interest company, a charity organisation or a social enterprise).
- Children under the age of 16 years must be actively involved in the planting process.
- The school must be able to raise 25 per cent of planting costs.
- Planting must take place during National Tree Week 2018 (or as soon as possible afterwards).
- Projects must cost between £100 and £700.
The funding cannot be used for retrospective costs or projects involving the planting of hedges, bushes and shrubs, and willows.
Groups may apply for the costs of up to four fruit trees on semi-vigorous, vigorous and very vigorous rootstocks.
The deadline for applications is 31 March 2018.