The Esmee Fairbairn Collections Fund
Between 2017 and 2019 the Foundation is offering a total of £3.5 million in grants. Grants of between £20,000 and £120,000 are available to museums and galleries in the UK to enable them to focus on time-limited work on collections outside the scope of an organisation’s core resources.
A large number of collections activities are eligible for funding, for example research, digitisation, loans and conservation.
To be considered, applications must both:
- Work with an existing collection or collections to improve understanding of them and increase their use; and
- Through that collections work, involve, inspire and have impact on people, communities and audiences.
To be successful, applications will need to:
- Engage local communities and/or those who are not typical museum attendees, and think about social impact.
- Be developmental for the organisation or sector.
- Think about the project’s legacy, even if this is hard to define at the start of the project.
There are two funding rounds per year. Applications are currently being accepted for the second round.
The deadline for applications is 6 September 2017 (5pm).
Further details are available from: http://www.museumsassociation.org/collections/18022011-esmee-fairbairn-collections-fund or contact 020 7566 7800.