People, Work & Society – Starting October 2015
Do you know learners who are ready to progress with their learning?
The Open University in Wales is working with North and Mid Wales Reaching Wider, Glyndwr, Bangor, and Aberystwyth Universities to pilot a flexible access to Higher Education project.
The project offers students living in North and Mid Wales Communities First (and other priority) wards a free social science access course with the OU “People, work and society”. After this, students will be guaranteed an interview to progress their studies at either Glyndwr, Bangor or Aberystwyth Universities or they could continue their studies with the OU.
* There are limited places for this pilot project – please pass on the information to your learners
* Attached is a promotional leaflet – we can send you hard copies of these – please send me your details if you’d like a batch posting out.
* More information about this project is on our website http://www.open.ac.uk/wales/partnerships/access-he-project
* Eligibility criteria applies and learners will need to be in Communities First or other priority postcode areas. Email name, address and postcode to email@example.com or phone Jo Hodgetts on 02920 262749 to find out if you’re eligible.
* Those who aren’t eligible for this project may still be able to get funding for an OU Access course – there are free places for those on low household incomes or income based benefits.
* Access course starts October 1st – Sign up now to secure a place.
Please get in touch if you’d like more info or to discuss further.