North Wales Together: Seamless Services for people with Learning Disabilities Bidding
The Learning Disability Transformation Programme (LDTP) aims to develop seamless health and social care services for people with learning disabilities. Through better integrating health, social care and the third sector, the programme aims to help people with learning disabilities live more independently and get the care they need to closer to home. The programme aims to achieve this in a number of different ways:
- Better integration of health and social services and less duplication of systems so people only have to ‘say it once’.
- Workforce development to create better awareness of disability issues among the wider public sector workforce. This approach should reduce the demand for specialist learning disability services in future.
- Work with other organisations to improve commissioning and procurement and make sure we have the types of housing and support people need.
- Uses of assistive technology to help people with learning disabilities become more independent in their everyday lives.
- Community and culture change. Increasing the number of people employed in paid work, accessing training, and volunteering.
The Learning Disability Transformation Programme (LDTP) has set aside an amount of money to encourage and support innovative new projects which:
- Support the Transformation agenda in North Wales
- Focus on the LDTP work stream priorities
- Fit with the priorities outlined in the Social Services & Well Being Act for Wales, and Healthier Wales
- Promote innovative approaches to supporting people with learning disabilities, enabling them to have great lives
Bidding Form: bidding-form-english