I CAN Work project across North Wales
The I CAN Work project is running in North Wales until March 2020, with CAIS delivering the work in Wrexham and Flintshire. The aim of this project is to help people with mild to moderate mental health wellness issues find employment. Employment therapy has been shown to have many benefits. The client will have been employed sometime within the last 12 months and is looking to return to paid employment.
Many people with mental health issues want to work but need support to do so. This project is based on the principles of the successful Individual Placement and Support programme (IPS), focusing on reducing the barriers people face and what people can do rather than what they cannot.
What is the I CAN WORK Project?
- Project is currently schedules to run until March 2020
- The aim is to help people with mild to moderate mental health and wellness issues find employment. Employment therapy has been shown to have many benefits. The client will have been employed sometime within the last 12 months and is looking to return to paid employment.
- It is based on the principles of the successful individual placement and support programs (IPS: Find out more about IPS HERE )
- Works across six counties in North Wales – CAIS run the service in Wrexham, Flintshire and Gwynedd and RCS run the service in Conwy, Denbighshire and Ynys Mon.
- Target to help 450 individuals – I CAN WORK aim to have our client in front of a potential employer within 30 days.
- Referrals can be made by a GP, Occupational Therapist and Counsellor
- Clients may ask the professional to make a referral to our service.
- Remember employment therapy is a type of therapy. The therapy is the employment itself, we are here to help people access the employment that they need. They may require additional counselling and support for mental health well-being. We can assist to singpost people to the help they need.