Groundwork Community Awards 2017
The charity has launched the Groundwork Community Awards as a way of honouring small community groups that make a big difference to people’s quality of life in their local area. The awards will celebrate and reward groups who often get little recognition and support.
The deadline for nominations is 25 August. The awards are simple to enter via an online system where community groups can highlight their own achievements, or can nominate a project to receive an award, in one of ten categories reflecting the huge diversity of projects and services being delivered by community volunteers.
Shortlisted community groups will be invited to attend a national awards ceremony in central London on the evening of 2 November.
- Best community group contribution to health and wellbeing
- Best community group contribution to environmental sustainability
- Best community group contribution to community cohesion
- Best community group contribution to education or employment
- Best community project on a social housing estate
- Best community partnership with business
- Best community garden or green space
- Community leader of the year
- Young community leader of the year
- Community group of the year – all round achievement award