Ffilm Cymru Wales’ Audience Access Fund
The Audience Access Fund 2017-2020 is aimed at projects that will engage existing audience members as well as broaden the market to attract new people, with the goal of making audiences more inclusive.
The Fund is particularly keen to support improved provision for those areas of Wales that remain under-served, in terms of access to screens showing independent film content; and to improving reach to members of the public who are currently under-represented amongst audiences for independent film in social settings – including for example, reaching BAME communities, those with disabilities, young adults and children.
Grants of up to £20,000 for up to 75 per cent of the total budget are available to all exhibition venues, festivals and any other organisation wishing to provide a film offer in Wales that offers collective viewing experience to Welsh audiences.
This might include:
- Independent cinema venues.
- Film Festivals.
- Film societies.
- Multi-arts venues.
- Cultural establishments.
- Pop up cinema events.
- Rural mobile cinemas.
- Community/neighbourhood cinemas.
- Community Interest Organisations.
- Youth clubs, life-long learning centres, care homes, community arts programmes and other community groups.
Projects must be innovative, and this could be demonstrated by:
- New ways of working.
- Innovative marketing and communication methods.
- Collaboration between partnering organisations.
- Innovative methods of engagement with new audiences.
The deadline for Round 3 applications is 21 November 2017 (5pm).