Consultation survey – Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
The Welsh Government is consulting on a draft strategy to give more support to looked after children with their educational attainment. It relates primarily to those of school age but also includes transition to further and higher education.
The aims of the draft strategy are:
- to raise the educational aspirations of children who are looked after and of those who care for them
- to reinforce accountability and leadership across ourselves, local authorities and the education system
- to ensure that education remains a priority even during unsettling periods in a child’s life
- to make better use of data to aid practice, policy making and monitoring or educational outcomes
- to promote and share good practice.
Children in Wales is preparing a response to this consultation and would like your input.
You can find full details of the consultation on the Welsh Government website at http://wales.gov.uk/consultations/education/raising-the-ambitions-and-educational-attainment-of-children/?lang=en.
If you could read the proposals and fill in the below survey, this would help to inform our response.
As the consultation ends on 4th May, we’d be grateful to have your responses by 30th April.