Churchill Fellowships – Research Abroad
A Churchill Fellowship is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to expand your professional and personal horizons by travelling abroad for up to two months, researching innovative practice on a topic of your choice.
Churchill Fellowships fund people to travel for 4-8 weeks abroad, researching a topic of their own choice that can make a difference to their profession or community when they come home.
Fellows can visit several countries and continents, meeting key people in their topic and gaining hands-on expertise. On return they make change happen in their workplace or region, among practitioners or policy-makers, at local or national level.
Everyone can apply, regardless of age or background, and no qualifications are required. Just a passion to make change happen in the field of your choice.
Applications for the next round of Churchill Fellowships are open from 27 April 2018 to 18 September 2018. These are for research trips in 2019 and beyond. Have a look at the application timeline here.
For 2019 fellowships will be awarded for topics in these categories:
- Artists& makers
- Emergency services: crisis prevention, response and recovery
- Enterprise: supporting social impact
- Environment, conservation and sustainable living
- Healthcare: innovations for the twenty-first century
- Migration: living well together
- Nursing and Allied Health Professions
- Rural living: strengthening countryside communities
- Science, technology & engineering
- Suicide: prevention, intervention and postvention
- Young people’s awards
Apply at the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust website.