Children’s Health Fund
Funding for not-for-profit projects in the UK that provide food for children during the school holidays.
The Children’s Health Fund is inviting organisations that want to provide good food as part of holiday learning, play and activity programmes to apply for grants of between £1,000 and £5,000.
Applications will be considered from registered charities, CIOs, schools, hospitals, housing associations, community groups, local authorities, churches and youth groups.
To be eligible, clubs must:
- Provide meals that align with the food and drink requirements (ie, School Food Standards England 2015) and other term time regulations (eg, food hygiene, food labelling).
- Include enrichment activities such as sports, art and crafts, growing etc.
- Provide holiday food provision for a minimum of three days a week over four weeks.
- Implement relevant policies (e.g. health and safety, safeguarding, pastoral).
- Demonstrate a local partnership is in place which includes a representative from the Local Authority and/or health board.
The deadline for applications is 6 October 2017.