AVOW Autism Awareness Grant 2018/19
AVOW have been awarded a sum of money to distribute to voluntary and community organisations in line with the aims and priorities of the Integrated Autism Service.
A small grant scheme is open to those organisations working with ASD groups. Managed by AVOW, grants of £500 – £1000 will be available to benefit people with autism.
Applications can be made from 24th October 2018 and are welcome from any voluntary and community organisations working with ASD groups.
Applications must include provision to improve the quality of life for people with autism living in North Wales. In particular to support development opportunities for people with autism. The overall aim of the grant programme is to ensure that people with autism are able to engage, participate and benefit from interactions which enhance the communities in which they live.
Applications must either meet the support needs of those with ASD or raise awareness, provide information or training.
Applications which have elements of partnership working and co-operation will be treated more favourably.
Projects / services must be carried out within the boundaries of Wrexham County Borough and must be for the benefit for the people or communities of Wrexham County Borough.
In the application you will be asked to provide information about how the grant would benefit people with autism.
Applicants must be voluntary or community organisations. Private businesses and statutory bodies (such as local authorities, community or town councils) will not be eligible to apply to this programme.
NEW ORGANISATIONS must:
- be active within Wrexham County Borough
- provide a signed written constitution or statement of intent (this must be provided with your application)
- provide evidence that a bank account is/ will be opened within fourteen days of receipt of notification of an application being successful. All bank accounts must have two unrelated signatories
- provide evidence of how the organisation is/ will be managed
- have an equal opportunities policy or demonstrate evidence of working towards adopting such a policy. (AVOW Officers are able to help you produce one if necessary)
EXISTING ORGANISATIONS must:
- be active within Wrexham County Borough
- have a written constitution or Memorandum and Articles if you are Company Limited by Guarantee (this must be provided with your application)
- have a management committee with a minimum of three officers
- provide evidence of a bank account with at least two unrelated signatories within fourteen days of receipt of notification of an application being successful
- provide a copy of your most recent annual accounts which must not be more than 18 months old (this must be provided with your application)
- have an equal opportunities policy (AVOW Officers are able to help you produce one if necessary)
If your organisation is purchasing equipment you are required to have adequate insurance policies in place to cover all eventualities.
GRANT CAN BE AWARDED?
HOW MUCH GRANT CAN BE AWARDED?
For the grant scheme, organisations can apply for amounts up to £1,000.
Any expenditure will need to have been spent by 31st March 2019.
Any monies that are not spent by this date must be returned to AVOW.
Please note that the amount of funding is limited and some applications may be unsuccessful if they do not meet the criteria. However, if appropriate, your application may also be referred to the Funding and Advice Officer in AVOW who would endeavour to assist in finding alternate or additional sources of funding.
Once you make a grant application this will then be reviewed by a Grant Assessment Panel, this Assessment Panel will make the decision on which organisations/ projects receive funding.
A preliminary review of your application will be made by AVOW Staff which may result in additional information or clarity being required.
The Grant Assessment Panel for the scheme will consist of:
2 Representatives of the Voluntary Sector (including at least 1 Trustee of AVOW)
1 Independent Representative
The quorum for the meeting will be two.
The Grant Assessment Panel will meet at the end of November 2018. Completed applications must be submitted by 12 noon Friday 23rd November 2018.
Organisations can submit multiple applications for different projects.
All successful applicants will be required to:
- provide evidence of expenditure in the form of receipts or invoices and supporting photographic evidence if possible. Any capital items purchased must be recorded on an asset list and retained for possible inspection.
- provide a project report; a template will be provided by AVOW at the time the grant is awarded. This report will require successful applicants to include testimonies from service users and/ or staff and volunteers, along with appropriate photographic evidence documenting ‘before and after’ of any capital expenditure or activities. Please ensure that your organisation or project obtains appropriate consent for any photograph containing a picture of an identifiable person. Also if appropriate feedback from your service users on how the funding has benefited them.
If your organisations ceases to operate or is dissolved within 5 years of receiving a grant, any equipment purchased must be returned to AVOW for allocation to an alternate organisation if possible.
AVOW administers the grant and its staff will provide support and advice to applicants in making their application.
In addition, AVOW will also provide, through their Funding Officer and Community Development Officer, support for the development of the applicant organisation, including assistance in obtaining further funding.
SO WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
If your organisation/project decides that they would like to apply based on the information above, then you are ready for the next step – make an application! Please remember completed applications must be submitted by 12 noon Friday 23rd November 2018.
Download an Application form here: grant-application-form
Download the Guidelines you’ve just read here: small-grant-guidelines
If you have any queries please contact:
Victoria Milner – AVOW
on 01978 312556 or by e-mailing Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, a word of caution: Please do not assume that any grant will be paid until you receive a letter confirming that your grant application has been approved, retrospective payments are not permitted!
AVOW is a membership organisation and a Company Limited by Guarantee 2993429
and a Registered Charity 1043989