Learning Disability Wales Annual Conference 2019
Our annual conference 2019, Right here, will look at the importance of people with a learning disability of all ages being seen, heard, included and valued in all walks of life. Like at school, college, work, home, community, arts, leisure and positions of authority and expertise.
Being seen, heard, included and valued helps:
- Reduce stigma and discrimination against people with a learning disability.
- Give people power and control in their own lives.
- People’s well-being.
Making a Wales where people with a learning disability are seen, heard, included and valued is important for everyone as it:
- Makes the most of people’s skills, knowledge and talents.
- Helps services provide the right services and support.
- Contributes to community cohesion and economic development.
The conference will be held in North and South Wales:
- 6 November in Newport, South Wales
- 14 November in Llanrwst, North Wales