Volunteer: Sectretary – ASAP
The Hafod Group of Churches is looking for:
A Volunteer Secretary
We are looking for someone with a few hours a week who will be able to help with the administration work for 3 Anglican (Church of Wales) Churches.
- Checking and replying to email
- Producing posters, booklets and other literature for distribution around the group
- Taking and producing minutes.
- Use of Google Calendar, and Google Docs for shared information
- Being able to keep some information confidential.
- Basic Filing
- Organising and planning meetings.
- Working as part of an active and growing team
- The ability to get to Penycae, Johnstown and Rhosllannerchrugog, and Rhosymedre
- Computer literate.
- A willingness to learn.
- Updating Facebook, Website, and Twitter with news, and events in the group (training can be given)
- Updating a database of personal information (Training can be given)
- Available some occasional nights for evening meetings.
- The ability to drive.
- The ability to speak welsh
The work will involve supporting the Priest-In-Charge, as well as the churches in doing administrative tasks. These can involve everything from taking minutes at the Church council, to dealing with paperwork from the diocese, to booking baptisms and weddings. It can also mean ensuring that payment has been received for weddings, and writing letters of confirmation and invoices.
There will be posters to produce, and booklets to organise. There will be exploration of the cost of having some of these produced professionally, as well as coordinating with other volunteers to gather relevant information.
The role is varied, and training can be made available on the use of the systems in place, and training is also provided through the Church In Wales to support these roles.
There is an office at St. John’s Church, in Rhosymedre which will be shared with the Offa Mission Area Secretary, and some of the role will be a work-from-home.
The Hafod Group is part of the Church In Wales, and is a Christian organisation. Belief, or even church attendance is not mandatory for the role, however, the role is not suitable for someone who is openly hostile to religion. There may be times when the role will include being present for prayer, and Christian Worship is part of the pattern of doing business. This role is ideally suited for someone with an open heart towards religion.
You can explore our website at: http://www.hafodgorup.org.uk, our twitter on @HafodGroup, and our Facebook by searching for HafodGroup.
For more information about the role, you can contact:
Rev’d Phil Bettinson
The Hafod Group of Churches
Tel: 01978 86204
Email: vicar AT hafodgroup.org.uk