Volunteer: Customer Service Assistant – Ongoing
Role Title: Customer Service Assistant
Department: Retail, Income Generation
Reporting to: Shop Manager
Location: One of our shops across Wales & England
Why am I needed?
Community is at the heart of everything that we do at Tenovus Cancer Care to help those affected by cancer. Our aim is simple – to deliver a vision where fewer people get cancer and those that do will receive equal access to excellent treatment.
However, we can’t do this without your help. Our shops in local communities are crucial to us raising vital funds. So, we’d like you to volunteer your time and commitment to help us make a difference. As a Customer Service Assistant you’ll be the friendly face that puts the shop together and looks after our customers.
What will I be doing?
Your main duties could involve but may not be limited to;
- Speaking with customers, making them welcome and answering queries
- Cash handling and serving customers at the till
- Accepting donations from the public
- Putting goods on display in the shop
- Maintaining high levels of shop standards, presentation and cleanliness
- Generating add-on sales and Gift Aid conversion through high levels of customer service
- Completing Gift Aid shop paperwork
- Supporting the Shop Manager in carrying out shop security procedures
- Promoting awareness of the charity and the services that we provide
- Assisting the Shop Manager with activities such as stock take and general clerical duties such as filing and sorting the post.
What skills do I need?
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills both face to face and over the telephone dealing with a range of people
- Organised and efficient at completing admin tasks
- Basic numeracy skills
- It’d be great if you have some knowledge of fashion, labels and trends
- A keen eye for detail and good level of accuracy
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
Many of the standard tasks within the shop involve standing or sitting, handling bags and donations from the public and there may be stairs to climb depending on which shop you are based in. If you have any concerns about this, please speak with the Shop Manager when expressing your interest in volunteering. For this role you will need to be over 17 years of age.
How much time do I need to commit?
We’d need you to give around half a day per week if you can with the possibility to do more if you’d like to. However we appreciate any time you’d like to give; please let us know this on your application form. All we ask is that you try and give the same hours each week and that you let us know as soon as you can if you’re not able to make it. This’ll help us to plan our rotas.
What support will I be given?
- Before starting with Tenovus Cancer Care, we ask that you do try a small number of hours in the shop so we can both see how the role may suit you. The amount of hours can be decided between you and the Shop Manager
- Following that the Shop Manager and team will be on hand to run you through the basics of helping in a shop in your first few days and they will always be on hand after that. Becoming a volunteer with Tenovus Cancer Care can be a rewarding experience and is certainly invaluable to the charity and its goals.
What benefits can I expect?
- Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed in line with organisational policy
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a vital difference to the work of Tenovus Cancer Care, and in particular the people who access our unique services
- The opportunity to be bring new ideas to the shop whilst developing your admin, retail and customer service skills
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- Access to all internal vacancies
- Access to training
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of our Retail Team
- The chance to gain experience of helping Wales’ leading cancer charity.
Where will I be based?
You’ll be based within your local Tenovus Cancer Care shop.
How do I apply?
If you are over 17 years old and would like to apply please contact the Shop Manager in your local shop directly or alternatively please contact our Volunteer Development Team on 029 2076 8850 for an informal chat or e-mail email@example.com for an application form should you require one. Alternatively please follow this link to Apply Online.