Volunteer: 75th Birthday Champion – ASAP
Role Title: 75th Birthday Champion (Big Birthday Raffle)
Department: Income Generation
Reporting to: Development Manager / Community Fundraiser
Location: Within your local community
How do I apply?
Please follow this link to apply online via our website. Alternatively, please contact our Volunteer Development Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 029 2076 8331/323 for more information.
Why am I needed?
This year, we’re celebrating our 75th birthday and as part of our celebration, we want to go back to our roots and honour the original ten businessmen who founded Tenovus Cancer Care all those years ago. Our founders launched a simple raffle with the grand prize of car and we want to pay tribute to them and do the same thing by launching our Big Birthday Raffle which will run from April to October.
And here’s where we need you! We’re looking for enthusiastic and committed volunteers to represent Tenovus Cancer Care within your local community by attending events and helping us to sell raffle tickets as well as raising awareness about the work we do.
The money we raise from this raffle will allow us to deliver more cancer treatments on board our Mobile Support Units to those who really need it. It means people can gain invaluable help through our support services. And it means we can carry out even more vital research into finding new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer.
If this opportunity is something you, or someone you know, would like to get involved with, then we’d love to hear from you.
Help us work toward a world where no one dies of cancer.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be helping us celebrate our 75th birthday and supporting our fundraising team by:
- Attending a variety of events in your local area
- Visiting our shops, local choir rehearsals and gigs, fundraising group meetings and events to sell raffle tickets
- Co-ordinating birthday packs to give out in your local community
- Promoting Tenovus Cancer Care events by distributing posters, leaflets and displays about our work throughout your community
- Encouraging local businesses to engage with our Big Birthday Raffle campaign.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Proactive with a good knowledge of your local community
- Enthusiastic about the work of Tenovus Cancer Care
- Good communication skills
- The ability to drive and the use of your own vehicle would be advantageous as you may be out an about attending events and delivering display materials.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally you’ll be able to commit to giving around two days a month to the charity. However, this may vary depending on our activity throughout the campaign and your availability. Please indicate on your application how much time you’re able to give.
What support and training will I be given?
- You’ll be invited to attend a training session to help you get ready for the role
- Your Community Fundraiser will be on hand to offer you advice, support and guidance in your role, and you’ll be supported by the wider Fundraising team
- You’ll be given raffle tickets to sell as well as a stock of materials such as banners and pop-ups to promote the campaign.
What benefits can I expect?
- The chance to meet new people and be part of our Fundraising Team during our 75th birthday year
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a vital difference to the work of Tenovus Cancer Care and the people who access our services
- The chance to develop new skills and share existing skills
- The opportunity to apply for our internal job vacancies
- Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed in line with organisational policy
- The chance to gain experience of helping Wales’ leading cancer charity.
Where will I be based?
You’ll be based at various locations within your local community, with occasional visits to our offices depending on your location.