Making your funding applications stand out
This course will help you develop a compelling application, giving you the best chance of securing the funding you need.
07 March 2019, Colwyn Bay
The aim of this course is to help you plan and structure your applications to give you the best chance of success.
In an increasingly competitive funding environment the need to make your application stand out has never been more important. This course will help you develop a well-structured, compelling application, giving you the best possible chance of securing the funding you need.
This practical, interactive course will
- Consider the current funding climate in Wales
- Provide tools and techniques for planning, writing and presenting winning bids
- Help you apply a logical structure to your application
- Enable you to demonstrate the need for your project
- Help demonstrate the difference your project will make
- Use effective and emotive language to get your message across
- Avoid some of the common pitfalls
- Allow you to practice and assess your bid writing skills
By the end of the session you will
- Be able to structure an application in a logical way
- Be able to demonstrate the need for your project and the difference your project will make
- Have developed an understanding of how to use language effectively in an application
Who is this course for
This intermediate course is designed for those with some experience of bid writing but who want to further develop their skills to produce compelling funding bids.
Richard Roberts has worked in fundraising for over 10 years, recently managing the Catalyst Cymru project which was funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund to help heritage organisations in Wales develop their capacity for fundraising from private sources.
Prior to this Richard worked as part of WCVA’s Better Bids team helping third sector organisations secure in excess of £70m over the lifetime of the contract. Richard has a Diploma in Fundraising and has extensive experience of delivering engaging and enlightening training.
To book please visit: https://www.wcva.org.uk/training-and-events/wcva-learning/finding-funding/making-your-funding-applications-stand-out