Are you a young person aged 14-25? Do you have an idea or project that would benefit your local community? Then the GwirVol Youth Led Grants Scheme is for you!
The GwirVol Youth Led Grants Scheme is aimed at young people aged 14-25, who have an idea or project that will benefit their local community. This could be a one-off project such as a group of young people organising a Christmas knees-up for local elderly people to an individual organising a clean-up day in their local community.
We have previously funded:
- A group of young people applied for funding to take local Care Group Members with disabilities canoeing on Bala Lake.
- A group recieved funding to produce a DVD to help children who are going into care.
- A group of young volunteers received funding to regenerate an area of a local park and install a new bench and footpath suitable for wheelchair users.
These are just a few of the projects that we funded. Why not come up with your own idea and apply for some money? Grants of £500 are available for individuals or groups to fund their projects.All projects must comply with the criteria that have been set out Who assesses the applications? GwirVol Youth Led Grants Panel
Applications available NOW contact Tegan Sollis for a form and terms & conditions.
- They MUST be youth led;
- They MUST provide a volunteering opportunities for young people aged 14 to 25;
- They MUST be of benefit to the local community;
- Projects MUST be completed and funding spent by 31st March 2015
Other Terms and Conditions apply.
All the applications are assessed by a Grants Panel which is made up of Young People from the Wrexham County Borough. It is up to them to decide who gets the money. Panel Members receive full training and travelling expenses are covered.
Anyone aged 14 to 25 can take part as a panel member.
If you are interested in being a panel member, get in touch with Tegan Sollis on 01978 312556 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org