Location: The Salvation Army Premises, Garden Road, Rhosddu, Wrexham
Time commitment: A minimum of 2 – 4 hours per week
Reports to: Family Friends Coordinator
Purposes of the volunteer role: Providing emotional and practical support to families in Wrexham
Family Friends have been supporting Families in Wrexham for over 24 years, and are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to join their team!
The work of the volunteer requires a high level of commitment and reliability and will be supported by the Family Friends Coordinator. The volunteer is expected to work within the ethos of Family Friends: as Family Friends supports vulnerable families, the need to respect confidentiality is paramount.
- Providing a person-centred approach, which focuses on the needs of the family, as identified by the family and Coordinator.
- Building a relationship of trust, helping families to reach their goals.
- Regularly liaising with Family Friends Coordinator and taking part in reviews.
- Completion of diary sheets which records all family contact.
- Providing respite for families if this has been identified in the Action Plan.
- Supporting families to contact and liaise with other agencies.
- Ensuring that any Safeguarding concerns are passed on immediately to their Coordinator.
- Undergo a 40-hour pre-training course to understand and become a trained volunteer.
Whilst no qualifications are needed it would be beneficial for any volunteers to have a good understanding of the needs of children and families.
- All volunteers have access to ongoing training at Family Friends.
- Meet new people and add value to your community.
- Learn transferable skills and improve your CV.
- Contact: Jo Hughes
- Phone: 07985270015
- Email: email@example.com
There is no deadline for this vacancy as Family Friends are always recruiting.