Dates: Mondays, 8th February – 29th March 2021
Times: 4pm until 6pm
- Members: Individuals and Small Organisations: Discounted rate £270.00
- Members: Statutory and large voluntary organisations: Discounted rate £280.00
- Non-member: Individuals and Small Organisations £295.00
- Non-member: Statutory and Large Voluntary Organisations £310.00
To register: please visit the Children in Wales website.
Children in Wales is working with Deryl Dix, one of our associate trainers, to offer an online 8-week mindfulness course, following the ‘Finding Peace in a Frantic World’ curriculum. All participants will also receive a copy of the book written by Mark Williams and Danny Penman to accompany the course.
Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Courses were originally developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn (author of “Full Catastrophe Living”) and his colleagues in Massachusetts, USA, in the 1970s. Their aim was to help people cope better with stress, chronic pain, and long-term illness. Since that time, considerable scientific evidence-based research has demonstrated the success of these methods in promoting change and working with difficulties.
Everyone has times in life, which are stressful, or we experience illness, pain, conflict, or just general struggles. The course is therefore open to anyone who is interested in gaining skills in responding more effectively to all that life throws at us.
This online program is for eight sessions (each session lasts for 2 hours). In addition, participants are required to commit to regular homework for the duration of the course. This includes engaging in at least 20 minutes of home practice every day.
- By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand how we can respond to situations with choice rather than reacting automatically
- Have become more aware of experiences and the way they change
- Know how to pay attention to all experiences, including bodily sensations, thoughts, moods, and emotions
Deryl is a qualified teacher, counselor, and facilitator. She has worked independently as a trainer for more than 20 years and has been a part of the associate training team at Children in Wales for ten years. Deryl brings a longstanding interest in meditation and recently gained an MSc in Mindfulness-based approaches from Bangor University. She is a qualified mindfulness teacher and is registered with BAMBA (British Association of Mindfulness-Based Approaches).
If you would like to register for this course, please complete the application form with your name, email address, and phone number. We will then get back to you to arrange a time when we can speak on the phone for about thirty minutes. This is an opportunity for us to give you more information about the course and for you to ask any questions you may have about the course.
The closing date for applications is 25 January 2021.