If you’re having problems paying your bill, please don’t ignore then. Welsh Water has a number of ways they may be able to help you.
Spread the Cost of your Bill
Spread the cost of your bill by choosing a payment option:
- Set-up a Direct Debit using their online Direct Debit form (set-up annual, half-yearly, monthly, or weekly installments available).
- If you would prefer to pay via a payment card you can set this up using their online payment card form.
If you are already paying via installments and you’re still struggling, please don’t ignore any problems. Instead, take a look at other schemes available.#
Ways to Make your Water Bill More Affordable
- Welsh Water HelpU tariff fixes charges at an affordable rate for low-income households in receipt of means-tested benefits.
- Metered WaterSure Wales tariff fixes charges at an affordable rate for low-income households who have a medical condition or a large family.
- Pay your water charges automatically thorough your benefits with the Welsh Water WaterDirect scheme and they’ll reduce your bill by £25!
- The Customer Assistance Fund gives you affordable installments and helps you clear what you owe.
At times, some customers need a little extra help. For example, you may be a parent with a young baby, a dialysis patient, have sight or hearing difficulties or are elderly or disabled. By joining the Welsh Water Priority Services Register you can get extra help with:
- Bottled water if your supply is interrupted
- Alternative ways of getting information
- Reassurance against bogus callers.
To find out more about the services above, or to discuss your situation in more detail please contact Welsh Water by phone on 0800 052 0145 or visit their website.