Role: Community Agent for Pen-y-Cae
Hours: 16 hours per week
Salary: £8.75 per hour, plus travel expenses
Contract: 12 months maternity leave cover
Line management: Reporting to Pen-y-Cae Community Council
Closing Date: 10th August 2020
Are you committed to supporting vulnerable and isolated older people living in Pen-y-Cae?
Do you have 16 hours per week to spare?
Do you live/ know the area of Pen-y-Cae well?
Are you interested in a flexible local employment opportunity that you can fit around your other commitments?
If the answer is yes to all of the above….
Pen-y-Cae Community Council is looking for a Community Agent to operate within Pen-y-Cae.
Community Agents work to connect people in their area to the services and support that they need and help older people find their way to activities or services which they would enjoy or find useful.
Making the most of local activities and services is a good way to keep fit, active and independent, but not everyone knows what is available. People with health or other difficulties may need that bit of help to access and benefit from activities and services available to everyone. Community Agents will build relationships with organisations such as the Police, PCSO’s, Fire Service, Ambulance Service, GPs, local libraries and housing groups to ensure that more vulnerable and isolated people have access to the support provided.
- Full training and support will be provided but you must know the area well.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they can proactively engage with and support older people in the community often on a one to one basis.
- You must have excellent spoken and communication skills and possess the ability to solve problems.
- Must be able to use a computer and have a basic knowledge of word/ excel, although training can be provided if needed.
- Must hold a current driver’s license and have access to own transport.
- Welsh speaker desirable or must have an understanding of the importance of Welsh Language and Culture
- The post will be subject to a DBS check
How to apply
For an application form/ more information about the role please contact the clerk, Sian Andrews – email@example.com or Tel. No. 01978 840557