Organisations seeking funding for capital investment to incorporate or increase recycled content in products manufactured in Wales, or to extend the useful lifetime of products, may apply for a Circular Economy Fund grant to facilitate this. Eligible projects must:
- increase the use of recycled plastic, paper/card or textiles in existing or new products (projects seeking to use other recycled materials will be considered on a case-by-case basis and must provide evidence of a market failure); or
- extend the life-time of products/materials through preparation for re-use, refurbishment or re-manufacturing activities.
Eligible organisations of any size may either apply for a Small Scale grant from £6,000 to €200,000 (the maximum de minimis threshold), or a Large Scale grant from €200,000 to £750,000. This page provides everything you’ll need in order to progress with a Small Scale grant application. For information regarding large scale grants, please click here.
Please find below a brief overview of the eligibility criteria. Full details are available within this comprehensive guidance document.
- Applicants must be a registered legal entity;
- The project must operate at a location in Wales;
- Projects must increase the use of recycled plastic, paper / card or textiles) in existing or new products (projects seeking to use other recycled materials will be considered on a case-by-case basis and must provide evidence of a market failure); or extend the life-time of products / materials through preparation for re-use, refurbishment or re-manufacturing activities;
- Projects must utilise materials from post-consumer / end-user sources;
- Eligible projects must add value to recycled, re-used or re-manufactured products or materials;
- Projects must be commercially viable (Technology Readiness Level 7 or above). Research and innovation activities are not eligible for funding;
- Projects should consider the environmental impact of products at the end of their useful life, and the extent of their recyclability;
- Projects must demonstrate that their viability is dependent on funding;
- Waste processing activities are not eligible for funding.
For more information please visit the WRAP Cymru website.