You could be eligible for transport to hospital appointments.
Do you or somebody you know experience difficulty travelling to hospital appointments?
If yes, you or they could be eligible for help with transport.
The Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service takes medically eligible patients from across Wales to and from their medical appointments at clinics and hospitals, this includes:
- Outpatients appointments;
- Dialysis and Oncology treatment;
- Day Centre and psycho-geriatric clinics;
- Planned admissions & discharges including inter hospitals transfers.
This service is only available for patients who meet any eligibility criteria based on their medical need.
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria we can advise you fo alternative methods of transport, most suitable to your needs to enable you to make your own way to your appointment.
You could be eligible for hospital transport if;
- You are receiving regular dialysis or cancer treatment;
- You require a stretcher for the journey;
- You require oxygen for the journey;
- You need to travel in your own wheelchair;
- You are unable to walk without continual support;
- You are unable to use public transport because you have a medical condition that would compromise your dignity;
- You have severe communication difficulties or;
- You will experience side effects as a result of the treatment for your condition.
If you think you could be eligible please call our Booking Line once you have received your hospital appointment letter on 0300 123 2303
Up to 100,000 Non-Emergency Patient Journeys every year result in the patient not travelling or not being there when our crews arrive to collect them. Cancelling transport if it is no longer needed is very important and allows us to offer the services to another patient. If you need to cancel a booking, please call us on 0300 123 2303 to let us know, or visit the website
To find out about how the service worlds, if you could be eligible for our transport or what other help you could be entitled to please visit their website.