Community Woodlands is a capital grant scheme intended to restore, create, connect and manage woodlands in Wales.
We are offering grants of £10,000–£250,000 for capital projects that will restore, enhance and in some instances acquire land to create new community woodlands in Wales.
Funding nature is our priority
The need to aid nature’s recovery is urgent. Looking after nature and helping people to understand its importance has never been more relevant. That’s why funding landscapes and nature is The National Lottery Heritage Fund’s key strategic funding priority in Wales.
The projects funded by this grant scheme will help to inform the Welsh Government’s thinking on the long-term development of the National Forest in Wales.
In this period of learning, it is possible that once projects have been completed and evaluated that some may not fall under the National Forest brand, but are good woodland projects in their own right.
What about the scheme
- The Community Woodlands scheme will offer:
grants of £10,000–£250,000 for woodland capital projects
up to 100% funding
- funding for not-for-profit organisations with a bank account and a constitution
pre-application advice (via email: email@example.com)
- applications are open until 21 October 2021, with decisions within eight weeks of application
- the grant programme may close earlier if all money is spent before the closing date
- projects involving the acquisition of land must demonstrate good value for money, be well planned and demonstrate that it meets needs identified by the community
The total available funding is £2.1million. Applications can be submitted from June 2020 until 21 October 2021. Funded projects will need to be completed by March 2022.
The programme is jointly funded by the Welsh Government and The National Lottery Heritage Fund.
For a list of eligibility and how to apply, please see the National Lottery Heritage Fund website.