AVOW has been certified as a Disability Confident Committed employer by the UK Government’s Disability Confident scheme.
The Disability Confident scheme supports employers like you to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to your workplace.
Disability Confident organisations play a leading role in changing attitudes for the better. They’re changing behaviour and cultures in their own businesses, networks and communities, and reaping the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices.
Disability Confident Commitment
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to:
- ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible,
- communicating and promoting vacancies,
- offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job,
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required,
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work,
- at least one activity that will make a difference for disables people.