This fund is dedicated to Wales and it will distribute funding raised from their Wales Coronavirus Resilience Fund and the National Emergencies Trust Appeal.
This fund has been established to assist groups and organisations that are adapting their services and support to individuals and families, whether singly or collectively, affected by the Coronavirus pandemic.
Primarily, they will provide support for the following (although this is not an exhaustive list):
- activities that help vulnerable people who are self-isolating (the elderly, people with pre-existing medical conditions, etc.)
- Ongoing needs of vulnerable people to ensure that their health and wellbeing is maintained,
- support for foodbanks and organisations working to combat hardship caused by the pandemic including child hunger,
- Community response coordination
- volunteer costs for those responding to the effects of the pandemic
- additional costs of working remotely and adapting services delivered in the wider community
- additional help as required for emotional and mental health needs and bereavement support.
Please note that they will only consider the cost of delivering th eservice/support for 6 months initially. You will be able to re-apply for further funding if the need still exists after September 2020.
- Grants of between £500 and £2,000 are available for groups with an annual income of up-to £200,000
- Grants of up to £5,000 are available for groups with an annual income of between £201,000 and £500,000
Who can apply?
- Charities, constituted community groups and social enterprises running activities to support the community through the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic in Wales.
- Grants will only be made to groups and organisations that can evidence that they are working safely and adhering to government guidance regarding the virus.
What the Fund cannot support:
- organisations that have more than 6 months running costs in reserves
The Government are making provisions for support for these circumstances.
How to apply?
All applicants must complete an application form which can be accessed via the Community Foundation Wales website.
- Grants will not be awarded retrospectively, i.e. for costs already incurred prior to receipt of the grant offer letter and signed terms and conditions.
- Projects that fall within statutory sector responsibility will not be supported e.g. anything that falls within the school curriculum.
For further information
Please download the attached Fund Criteria from Community Foundation Wales Downloadable Document (PDF)