The Clothworkers’ Emergency Capital Programme (CECP) will award small capital grants of up to £5,000 for essential capital items to adapt or increase services in response to the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic. Priority will be given to organisations supporting vulnerable and ‘at risk’ groups within their programme areas during this period.
Key features of the fund:
- Applications are only open to charities whose beneficiaries are not based in London
- We will award capital grants of up to £5,000 (but we will not award grants equal to more than 50% of your annual income)
- We aim to communicate a decision within two weeks
- Capital projects that are planned as part of your organisation’s ordinary course of business are not eligible; for these you may wish to review the What We Fund page for our Open Grants Programmes
Key organisational eligibility:
- Income of less than £2 million per annum
- Work of the applicant organisation must fall within our nine programme areas
- We do not support organisations that promote a particular religion or that only provide services to people of a particular religion
You must demonstrate your not-for-profit status in the application form and your accounts. They fund the following types of charitable and not-for-profit organisations:
- Charities registered with the Charity Commission including Community Interest Organisations (CIO)
- Community Interest Companies (limited by guarantee without share capital)
- ‘Exempt Charities’ (in which case we require details of your principal regulator and/or evidence of HMRC exemption)
- Special Schools
Please note that a ‘Constitution’ document alone is not a sufficient demonstration of eligibility.