Make homelessness for young people ‘rare, brief and non-recurring’ and to combat isolation and loneliness.
- Are you a care leaver aged 18 – 25?
- Do you live in Conwy or Wrexham County Borough?
- Are you having problems with housing?
Team Around the Tenancy is an innovative pilot project funded by Welsh Government to deliver a service to young people who have left care and are experiencing difficulties with their housing, or accommodation in Conwy and Wrexham County Borough areas.
Team Around the Tenancy will provide young people with the skills, knowledge and support networks that they need to sustain a tenancy both now and in the future. In particular, the service will target young people aged between 18 and 25 years old who:
- Are in a new tenancy
- Risk losing their tenancy
- Present as homeless
- Have lost a tenancy
How they can help:
- Working with other services and key workers
- Housing advocacy
- Mentoring to help you get involved in your community
- Involving you, family, friends and professions to talk, plan and make decisions
- Help to try and sort out problems, relationships with landlords and, or neighbours
If there is anything else worrying you that isn’t listed above, contact TGP and they will try their best to put you on the right path.