This fund has been established to assist groups and organisations providing services and support to individuals and families, whether singly or collectively, affected by the Coronavirus pandemic.
Primarily, we will provide support for the following (this is not an exhaustive list):
- activities that help vulnerable people who are self-isolating (the elderly, people with pre-existing medical conditions etc)
- ongoing needs of vulnerable people to ensure that their health and wellbeing is maintained
support for foodbanks and organisations working to combat hardship caused by the pandemic including child hunger
- community response coordination
- volunteer costs for those responding to the effects of the pandemic
- additional costs of working remotely and adapting services delivered in the wider community
additional help as required for emotional and mental health needs and bereavement support
Secondarily, and if funds allow, we will provide support to:
- counter the loss of contract income and fundraising for organisations providing support for vulnerable groups
What grants are available?
- Grants of between £500 and £2,000 are available for groups with an annual income of up to £200,000
Who can apply?
Charities, constituted community groups and social enterprises running activities to support the community through the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic in Wales.
Grants will only be made to groups and organisations that can evidence that they are working safely and adhering to government guidance regarding the virus.
How to apply?
Visit the Wales Community Fund website.