Wrexham Multiple Sclerosis Branch Seeking New Chair
Why we need you.
MS affects 1 in 800 people in the United Kingdom and consequently affects family, friends, carers and inevitably the whole population. It is proven the condition may be diagnosed in teenagers and those even younger.
As chair you will coordinate the activities of the group as well as supporting and leading a team of volunteers (or assist with those tasks).
What you could be doing or assisting with:
- Coordinate the running of the group and chair meetings.
- Ensure the branch delivers activities and support the local MS community.
- Recruit, induct, and support new volunteers.
- Plan and review the activities of the group with the volunteers.
- Motivate and support all volunteers and resolve any issues or disputes.
- Ensure team is effective taking collective decisions and deal with any issues or disputes.
- Ensure activities are carried out according to MS Society policies and the law.
- Act as an ambassador for the MS Society.
- Attend regular chairs forums, and other relevant training opportunities arrange by the MS Cymru team.
- Keep volunteers personal information confidential.
What skills, experience, and abilities you need.
- Leadership skills, with the ability to support others.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively.
- Willing to volunteer as part of a team.
- Organisational skills.
- Confident in using Microsoft office, the internet and e mail.
The MS Society will support you in this role. If you would like to know more please contact Urtha Felda email@example.com 07920 429 477.