WCBC ‘Strategic Equality Plan’ Consultation Survey
You may remember that during September/October 2015, Wrexham Council and its partners, AVOW; North Wales Fire and Rescue Service; Coleg Cambria; Glyndwr University; North Wales Police and Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board jointly consulted with a wide range of people to review our existing Strategic Equality Objectives and identify key actions.
Using feedback from the consultation and information from data that we analysed we have confirmed that Wrexham Council’s existing Strategic Equality Objectives are still relevant. They are:
- Reduce inequalities in employment and pay;
- Reduce inequalities in health;
- Reduce inequalities in education;
- Reduce inequalities in personal safety;
- Reduce inequalities in representation and voice; and
- Reduce inequalities in access to information, services, buildings and the environment.
Wrexham County Borough Council now has a draft Strategic Equality Plan for 2016-2020 that we are inviting comments upon.
The main way we are consulting with Wrexham people is via an online survey which we will be promoting widely.
It is available in English and Welsh from Monday 11th January to Monday 8th February.
- Please complete they survey yourself – we need as many views from partners, colleagues and residents as possible; and
- Refer people, your contacts and networks to the website – colleagues in all Wrexham libraries are geared up to help people get on line and complete the survey if needed
To have your say please visit: www.yourvoicewrexham.net
Wrexham County Borough Council, 16 Lord Street, Wrexham LL11 1LG
Tel: 01978 298739
wrexham.gov.uk | wrecsam.gov.uk
twitter.com/wrexhamcbc | twitter.com/cbswrecsam
facebook.com/wrexhamcouncil | facebook.com/cyngorwrecsam