Wallace & Gromit Children’s Charity Open for Annual Applications
Annual funding for regional and local children’s hospitals and hospices for projects that transform the lives of children throughout the UK.
The Wallace & Gromit Children’s Charity aims to fund projects which are not funded directly by the National Health Service. In the last 15 years, the charity has given more than £2 million in grants to 291 projects in 93 different hospitals and hospices across the UK.
Registered charities with charitable projects which enrich and improve the quality of life of sick children in hospitals or hospices in any area in the UK can apply. Preference is given to projects conceived by and in children’s hospitals and hospices.
Any project which seeks to improve the quality of life of sick children will be considered, for example:
- Arts, music, play and leisure programmes.
- Facilities to support families of children treated in hospitals or hospices.
- Welcoming and accessible environments.
- Care and facilities in hospices.
- Promoting education and information programmes.
- Supporting children with physical and emotional difficulties.
- Medical equipment (when it can be shown that funding is not available from statutory sources).
The deadline for applications is 30 April 2018.
Please note that the Charity has a long-standing relationship with a number of organisations to whom they are sympathetic and to whom priority consideration may be given.