Tesco ‘Bags of Help’ Grant Programme
‘Bags of Help’ uses money raised by the 5p carrier bag charge in Tesco stores in the UK. It is open to a range of projects that support community participation in the development and use of open spaces. Projects that will get the green light as a result of the funding can include volunteer training, physical improvements of open spaces, equipment purchases, community events and sports and leisure activities.
Projects can include:
- Developing a community garden or orchard.
- Developing a garden in a hospice, purchasing plants, benches and equipment.
- Supporting local football club with the purchase of nets, balls and coaching sessions for under 12’s.
- Funding a series of summer events in a local park.
- Funding a programme of beach clean-up events…and many more!
Following a public vote, three projects in each of the Tesco regions will receive a grant every other month, with first place receiving up to £4k, second place up to £2k and third place up to £1k. Please spread this exciting news and encourage groups to apply. They will need to apply by following this link: https://www.groundwork.org.uk/Sites/tescocommunityscheme/pages/Category/boh-grant-for-project-tes
Contact Geraint Hughes for more details or help with the programme on 01978 757 firstname.lastname@example.org