Learning Disability Wales’ NEW Membership Scheme
To our valued full members
Your membership is now free of charge!
We would like to thank you for your continued support as a valued member of Learning Disability Wales. Our voice, our work and the impact of what we do is only as strong as the number and range of members we have.
Thinking about how to increase our impact has led us to make some exciting changes that we want to tell you about.
Membership of Learning Disability Wales will be free of charge from April 2017. Why? We do not want the payment of fees to be a barrier to helping anyone improve their understanding of the rights of children, young people and adults with a learning disability or what progressive good services should look like. We also want Learning Disability Wales to be able to link more formally with any organisation or individual who shares our vision of a better future for people with a learning disability.
There will be just two categories of membership: Full and Associate. Full membership is just for third sector organisations working in Wales and you will continue to have voting rights to influence the work of Learning Disability Wales. Associate membership is open to any other organisation, company or individual.
Being a member will mean you pledge support to Learning Disability Wales activities and uphold our values and Charter of Rights.
We do hope we can continue to count on you as a member. Please help us to broaden and increase our membership, build stronger relationships and be better placed to represent organisations and individuals across Wales.
What will you get for your free membership?
As a full member you will receive the following benefits:
- Opportunities to become a trustee and a vote and voice at our AGM.
- Getting your concerns and views reflected in our activities to influence policy.
- Privileged access to our training and events, giving you reduced rates and priority bookings.
- Privileged access to our information hub.
This will deliver to your inbox:
- Weekly E-news
- 6 editions of our newsletter ‘e- Llais Update, a digest of news, information and policy on a range of subjects and news from Learning Disability Wales.
And give you:
- Priority for our Information enquiry service
- Priority for our easy read consultancy service
- Opportunities to circulate information about your activities through our media channels
- And the usual features that any follower of our media can enjoy:
- Daily information and engagement through our Facebook and Twitter accounts
- A new mobile device- friendly website that will include news, specialist articles and easy read information on key subjects.
- Video stories and infographics.
- Priority booking to participate in the topic focussed forums, networks, and consultation workshops that we arrange.
- Priority to be considered as a partner in any funding bids for new projects we prepare.
What changes are there to membership?
- You will no longer have to pay an annual fee.
- We have produced 120 editions of Llais since 1989! Yet times change. Social media and the internet have revolutionised not just the way that we gain information but how we want it presented: shorter, more accessible bites, rather than long articles. So we shall stop producing Llais and invest more in increasing our social media activity.
We want to continue to raise debate, to ask the more challenging questions and to share good practice through the new website and social media accounts. We will do this through a richer mixture of shorter articles, blogs and videos.
- Our membership period will now run for 3 years from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2020, instead of for one year.
What happens next?
We attach a Membership form and look forward to you completing and returning it. Doing this will take less than 5 minutes of your time and give you benefits for 3 years!
Completing the form is essential if you wish to continue to receive the benefits of being a member of Learning Disability Wales: key-rights-and-values-easy-read-2012