Event Registration now open – Are young people of North Wales work-ready?
Wednesday 16th November 2016, Conwy Business Centre, 9.30am – 3pm.
Can we do more to support out future ambition? Can we afford not to?
View the event here
The North Wales Economic Ambition Board, in partnership with the Federation of Small Businesses, would like to give North Wales the opportunity to discuss what approach we should be taking in North Wales to address this difficult issue and how we can support both the employers needs, and the drivers in education, to ensure the future workforce is a well-rounded individual having both the academic qualifications and work ready skills.
As a region, we would like to do more in order to address the needs of youth employability to ensure that our employers have a future workforce that has the appropriate skills which are fit for the employment opportunities; for jobs and growth; which respond to local needs; and that employer’s value.
We encourage you to take this opportunity to save the date for the inaugural regional Youth Employability Conference which will:
- Bring together stakeholders involved in the Youth Employability Agenda in North Wales and nationally.
- Hear about best practice from regional employer engagement and understand the advantages of offering opportunities to young people.
- Discuss the implications of the changes in work experience arrangements and share ideas around how to circumvent this.
- Evaluate the current position within the region and plan how to implement changes that will shape the future agenda and regional priorities.
- Share the challenge for North Wales’ future workforce
A full agenda will be available shortly.