Community Chest & Development Grant – Sport Wales
Community Chest offers grant of up to £1500 in any 12 month period for activities that:
- Encourage more people to become more active, more often
- Raises the standards of existing activities
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to any group as long as they hold a bank account in the organisation’s name.
Who cannot apply?
If you are a member of the public, primary school or associated body arranging activities for children, or secondary school whose part of the 5×60 scheme you are ineligible to apply for a Community Chest grant.
In addition the following activities cannot be funded:
- Physical activities such as gardening, DIY, environmental improvements, performance dance or circus skills
- Existing activities / projects that have already started
- Projects that are considered to be part of an organisation’s normal day to day running costs
- Projects based outside Wales
Or the following project elements:
- Maintenance, repair or replacement of current equipment or facilities (however consideration will be given to replace equipment that no longer complies with current legislation)
- Purchase of personal items of equipment
- Catering and hospitality
- Medals, certificates or trophies
- Domestic or foreign tours
- One off events with no links to ongoing activities
- Capital projects (projects that involve building or buying land)
- Financial support for individuals
Community Chest Panel Dates 2017/2018
Closing Date | (Meeting Date)
- 12 April 2017 | (26 April 2017)
- 7 June 2017 | (21 June 2017)
- 23 August 2017 | (6 September 2017)
- 11 October 2017 | (25 October 2017)
- 22 November 2017 | (6 December 2017)
- 17 January 2018 | (24 January 2018)