Call for new and innovative project ideas!
With the recent approval of the LEADER programme within rural Wrexham the Local Action Group is now inviting community groups to come forward with project ideas.
The LEADER funding will support new projects that are innovative and pilot projects that aim to test new ideas which benefit the rural area. Projects must make a contributions towards jobs and growth and should contribute towards tackling poverty in the rural area.
The LEADER programme is part of the Welsh Government Rural Communities – Rural Development Programme 2014 – 2020, which is financed by the Welsh Government and European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD). The programme will be able to provide financial support towards up to 70% of a project’s costs. Eligible costs include professional fees and services, and some small scale equipment costs (no more than £10,000 inc. VAT). Possible projects could include mentorship, training, feasibility studies, or pilot projects testing an innovative new idea or concept. Each project will need to fit with one of the five LEADER themes.
If you have an idea for an innovative project which is new to your area, please contact a project officer within Cadwyn Clwyd to discuss your project ideas.
The five LEADER themes and the relevant project contacts are detailed below:
- Adding value to local identity and natural and cultural resources (Project Contact: Sarah Jones – email@example.com)
- Facilitating pre-commercial development, business partnerships and short supply chains (Project Contact: Gwyn Rowlands – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Exploring new ways of providing non-statutory local services (Project Contact: Helen Williams – email@example.com)
- Renewable energy at Community level (Project Contact: Silas Jones – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Exploitation of digital technology (Lowri Edwards – email@example.com)
Projects which are considered to be eligible will be invited to make a written proposal for consideration by the Local Action group. The LAG will consider project proposals on a quarterly basis throughout the lifetime of the programme, the first 2 submission dates are:
- 23rd November 2015
- 15th February 2016
Please contact the Cadwyn Clwyd Project Officer responsible for the theme which you are interested in – the Cadwyn Clwyd contact number is 01490 340500.