British Science Week Funding
British Science Week (BSW) is an annual celebration of science, technology, engineering and maths that is coordinated by the BSA and funded by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
Applications for British Science Week 2018 are now open, offering grants for community organisations, and schools to run events during British Science Week, 9-18 March 2018
Community-based groups and organisations that work directly with audiences who are traditionally under-represented and currently not engaged in science activity can apply for grants of £500 and £1,000.
There are two levels of funding:
- Grants of £500 are available to run one or more events during British Science Week 2018.
- Grants of up to £1,000 are available to run one or more events during British Science Week 2018 as well as follow-up activities that will lead to continued engagement after British Science Week.
The funding is intended to expand the audiences that engage with science and self-identify as having an interest in science by empowering and supporting community groups to run their own science activities.
Kick Start grant scheme – for schools in challenging circumstances
There are three types of grant:
- Kick Start grant: a grant of up to £300 for your school to run an activity during British Science Week
- Kick Start More grant: a grant of up to £700 for your school to host a science event or activity which involves your students and the local community. The community can comprise of families/carers, members of local community groups, local businesses and local press
- Kick Start Youth grant £150 for your school to run an activity during British Science Week organised by students. This grant has a separate application process and later closing date. Please see the Kick Start Youth Grant page for details.
The type of activity you run is up to you and depends on your own priorities and the resources at your disposal.
To be eligible to apply, schools must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have a high proportion (over 30%) of pupils eligible for the pupil premium or equivalent;
- Have a high proportion (over 30%) of pupils from ethnic minority backgrounds; and/or
- Be a small school based in a remote and rural location.*
All applications for British Science Week 2018 grants will close on 13 November 2017 at 12 noon.
If you have any questions, please contact the British Science Association: email@example.com
Website for more information: https://www.britishscienceweek.org/about-us/grants/