Voluntary opportunity for Veterans Advisory and Pensions Committee (VAPC)
Veterans UK (formerly the Veterans Agency and War Pensions Agency) are a Department of the Ministry of Defence which provides essential support services to the armed forces and veterans including:
- compensation payments to those injured or bereaved through service
- 1 to 1 veterans welfare support
The Veterans Advisory & Pensions Committee (VAPC) is an independent body which acts as a bridge to:
– act as advocates for implementing the Armed Forces Covenant and associated measures at a local level.
– advise and guide UK Veterans of their rights and where to turn in the complex world of government pensions and other allowances.
– listen to complaints when things go wrong and, where we can, help to sort them out.
– assist Veterans in obtaining help from the appropriate ex-service charity or government department.
I am the Focal Point within the Veterans UK tasked with assisting the VAPCs with recruitment issues. VAPC Chairmen and Members are Public appointments approved by the Minister for Defence Veterans, Reserves and Personnel. The posts are voluntary but Travelling expenses and loss of earnings are payable. For those interested in applying for the roles this is a fantastic opportunity to play a central role in promoting the interests and welfare of Veterans and their families.
The posts are currently being advertised on both the Public Appointments and the Cabinet Office websites and will close on 15 May 2015. However, it is in the interests of each Committee to advertise as widely as possible in order attract a range of candidates from a variety of different backgrounds which is why I would be grateful for your assistance in publicising these locally. Maybe your Armed Forces Community Covenant Boards/Champions would be able to assist. If you could also forward the adverts to any of your acquaintances (please see links below) who you think may be interested and who would fit the person specification that would be helpful.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information.
Vets UK Business and Partnership Manager
Ministry of Defence
We would like to hear your views on the service that you have received today from Veterans UK. Please select this link to leave feedback.
Room 6406| Tomlinson House | Norcross| Thornton Cleveleys | FY5 3WP|
Internal email: DBS Vets-Head-Coord
External Email: DBSVets-Head-Coord@mod.uk