Sessional Workers – Ongoing
WCD Young Carers Vacancy
JOB TITLE: YOUNG CARERS SESSIONAL WORKER
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
To work with groups of Young Carers to provide activities and opportunities to enable them to enjoy social interaction, to feel supported and less isolated.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION:
Reports to: Service Manager
Responsible for: The Sessional Worker post has no people management responsibility
Budget responsibilities: The sessional worker post has no budgetary responsibility.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To support the planning, delivery and development of group sessions and activities
- To assist with the transportation of Young Carers to enable them to access groups and activities
- To positively advocate on behalf of Young Carers living in the community.
- To develop positive relationships with young people by listening to, befriending, enabling, empowering and supporting them as required.
To work effectively as part of the Young Carers Service team.
- Maintain and return timesheets, records of expenditure and travel costs.
- Understand and adhere to WCD’s core policies
- Ensure confidentiality at all times.
- Attend identified training.
This position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.