Cleaner / Support Worker
Salary Scale: £7.45 per Hour
Hours of Work: TBC
Base: North East Wales
Accountable to: Manager
To provide support to clients living in North East Wales who require assistance with domestic cleaning/support services.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- general cleaning, such as vacuuming carpets, dusting, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, and changing bedding
- helping clients to get out and about, either on public transport or in the support workers own car
- accompanying clients to wherever they want to go, such as the post office, shops, GP surgery, hospital, garden centre, cemetery or to see friends and relatives
- ironing, including helping to put clothes in the clients own washing machine
- shopping on behalf of or with clients
- paying bills
- walking clients dog
- collecting clients pension
- reading a book or newspaper to the client
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- To use equipment within Health and Safety regulations and report any faults to the Social Enterprise Manager.
- Be responsible for own health and safety as well as colleagues.
- To adhere to COSHH regulations on consumables and the use of protective clothing and equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The post holder must have full clean driving license and should have cleaning experience and be capable of carrying out the physical aspects of the position.
Applicants will subject to a DBS check.
None with this position. But must be self-motivated.
The post holder reports to the Manager.
The post holder will be required to carry out any training requirements provided by Age Connects North East Wales.
The post holder has regular contact with the Manager.
This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date
when it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without
changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility
Desirable: Domestic cleaning
Essential: Full Driving License
Essential: Understanding of Health & Safety principles in the work place
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Essential: Ability to work as part of a Team or on own
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Please contact Chris on 0845 054 9822